Tuesday 1 February 2011

January Favourites 2011

I have decided to do monthly favourites as from today! At the end of each month, I will do a blog post of products which I have been loving ^^

  • John Frieda: Root Awakening Collection



I am absolutely loving these hair products! I bought the Root Awakening products (Shampoo, Conditioner + Strength Boosting leave-in spray) for dry hair as I straighten my hair often. You can buy these products for normal hair too! I bought them from Superdrug at £4.89 each. After using these products for a month now, my hair is feeling soft & has grown faster than usual ^^

  • Hollister Solana Beach body mist

Available in Hollister from £8.00 (also available for 2 for £12 on selected products!). The smell of this product is amazing! Hollister describes the scent as a "raspberry, apple + strawberry mix with jasmine and white musk for a fresh, lively scent". I highly recommend this product, I bought this product in December and there is still a lot left in the bottle!

  • Boots Botanics Skin Brightening Cleanser

Available for £4.09 in Boots. Apply this in the morning and before bed with a cotton wool pad & it will remove any excess make-up giving your face a fresh and healthy glow! Highly recommended products, does it's job ^^

  •  L'Oréal Paris Super Liner Carbon Gloss eye liner (black)

Available in any drug-store for £6.19. Again, I highly recommend this product for those who use liquid eye liners often. I find liquid liners stay on longer than eye pencils & give off a more bolder look which is something that I prefer. The tip/brush is also one of the best ones I've used so far!


L-R:  L'Oréal Carbon Gloss super liner, Rimmel London Exaggerate Liquid eye liner

In comparison,  L'Oréal's tip is more thinner and longer whereas Rimmel London's is more short and stubby. I prefer L'Oréal's tip as it gives more flexibility when applying onto your lids and is much quicker when applying onto your eyes! I find that when I use Rimmel London's tip, I tend to take much more time as the brush is thicker which causes me to create mistakes while lining my eyes which is slightly annoying!  ><



That's my January favourites for 2011! Next favourites post will be towards the end of February ^^


Pearl <3

3 comments:

  1. those eyeliners look really good! maybe I have to go to the store and try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would recommend buying the L'Oréal eyeliner if you're planning to buy them (:

    ReplyDelete