Tuesday 26 April 2011

Review + Swatch: Maybelline New York Gel Eyeliner (01 Intense Black)

I'm sure many of you's have heard of Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner and all the good reviews it has received. However, as I didn't want to spend so much on a tiny pot of gel eyeliner, I decided to opt for Maybelline's new gel eyeliner!


RRP: £7.99

I think the packaging looks similar to Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner apart from the cap. The gel is in a small glass tub and secured with a metal cap. It also comes with a brush too which is really useful!


A closer look at the brush + the gel

I decided to try it out + what are my thoughts? It's super easy to apply on! I thought it would be quite difficult + awkward to apply on at first but I was wrong. The brush makes it super easy to apply as you can have thick or thin strokes which is really good! 
Here's the outcome:




I wouldn't say the colour is 'intense black' with one stroke but you could always add on more layers to make the colour more black. 

Product: 9/10
Pigmentation: 8/10
Texture: 9/10
Application: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10

Overall? Highly recommended for those looking for a gel liner!


 Pearl <3

No comments:

Post a Comment